Last Revised: December 20, 2011.
The HereMatch Service is based on sharing information. To use the Service, you must consent to:
- Provide location data when using the Service. This data may be automatically provided from your phone.
- Display your profile data to other users checked in to the same place or event at the same time.
If you do not want to share your information in these ways you should not use the HereMatch Service.
Collect & Use
Information about you can be collected in one of two ways:
- It can be provided through your direct action such as when you create your profile or use the Service to check in.
- It can be provided automatically by your phone, browser, or cookie such as when your phone sends your location to us.
Information Provided Through Direct Action
- Registration Information – This includes your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to allow you to set up a user account and interact with other users through the Service.
- Profile Information – This includes information about you including, but not limited to, your photo, industry, occupation, employer, bio, location, hometown, activities, and affiliations. This information is used to allow you to match with other users through the Service.
- Match Information – This includes information about your activity on the Service and includes information such as the places and events you check into, when you check into them, your location at the time of check in, who you match with, and whether you communicated with them.
Information Collected Automatically
- Location Information – When you check into the Service from your phone, you agree to send the coordinates of your phone to the Service.
- Log Data – When you access the Service from a web browser to register, edit your profile, view your profile, add places or events, search for events, etc. our servers automatically record log data reported by your browser. Such information includes your IP address, browser type, referring page and domain name, exit page and domain name, pages visited and other such information.
How We Share Information
- Other Users - Profile Information as well as your name, email address, and username (the "Personal Information") will be shared with other users of the Service. This information will be displayed on the mobile devices of other users checked into the same place or event as you at the same time.
- Service Providers – Certain services we provide may require the use of trusted third parties. We may share Personal Information with these third parties if necessary to allow them to perform the required tasks. They do not have the right to use the Personal Information beyond what is necessary to perform these tasks.
- Legal and Protection From Harm – Personal Information may be disclosed if we believe in good faith that it is necessary in order to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request. It may also be disclosed in order to protect the safety of any person whether a user, employee, or other, to protect Tangletech, Inc.'s rights or property, or to address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Business Transfers – If Tangletech, Inc. is involved in an acquisition, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of assets, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Anonymous Aggregate Information – In order to improve the Service, market it, and work with advertising partners we may share anonymous aggregate information or allow ad targeting based on anonymized information derived from user profiles. Such information will not include personally identifiable information such as an email address or username.
Registered users can modify their information through our web site. To delete your account you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Account deletion does not guarantee removal of all content. Your Personal Information may still be on a user's phone, may still be stored in our backups, etc.
The Service uses commercially reasonable safeguards to protect your information. However, no system can be completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to and store on the Service. Various factors including, but not limited to, hardware or software failure or unauthorized entry or use, may compromise the security of your information at any time. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and by protecting the devices you use to access your account.
The service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 you should not register for the Service. If we learn that we have information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible and terminate the account.
Questions, comments or suggestions – contact us at email@example.com.